The Secrets to Throwing a Remarkable Dinner Party
Perfection is overrated. The key to hosting a wonderful evening of wining and dining is simply invoking a comfortable and beautiful environment. From a recent Veranda article, here are the top tips from Atlanta-based event planner and designer Danielle Rollins on how to create a memorable dining experience for guests.
- Rather than trying to establish a theme, think of the feeling and experience you want guests to walk away with. For example, maybe you want them to feel wistful, whimsical or maybe even glamorous?
- Establish this feeling with an immediate “wow” factor. For example, for a farm to table event Rollins brought in a pen of sheep for the front yard that was an fantastic ice breaker and conversation starter.
- Candles can be the perfect way to lead guests to the main entertaining area, whether its luminaries up the sidewalk to the front door or tiki torches to the outdoor kitchen or dining area out back.
- Always add a touch of nature. There’s nothing more stunning than understated greenery and flowers for a table setting or decor.
- Don’t overdo the hors d’œuvres. Keep them simple, clean and fresh, and you’ll be able to keep stress to a minimum.
- Enjoy yourself, too; when guests see that you are relaxed and having a good time, they are more likely to do the same.
Read more about these tips and more helpful words of wisdom by visiting the Veranda article online.
Colorado homeowners who are looking to redesign their kitchen for better everyday living and entertaining can call on the certified kitchen designers at Kd. Our client-based approach can help you achieve a stunning kitchen that reflects your personal style while lending itself to comfortable and convenient living as well as fabulous dinner parties. Call the Kd. at 888.460.4496 to start discussing your custom luxury kitchen today.
Photo by Jennifer Gustafson via Houzz